Ten Pastoral Prayers
On Pastor Jeff's first Sunday as Lead Pastor (8.8.10), he shared the 10 prayers he and the leadership pray for Redeemer. Would you join in praying these things for yourself, your family, and the people of Redeemer?
- That we would always have an unquenchable love for our God & His Word, that we may enjoy Him through Scripture reading, memory and theological study. (Jer. 15:16, Mt. 4:4, Ps. 111:2)
- That the men in this church would embrace humility, love and leadership in an uncommon way; that they would be leaders at home, church, work and the community (1 Peter 5:5, Ephesians 5:25, Dt. 6, 1 Cor. 13:1-7, Philippians 2:1-11).
- That the women in this church would adorn the gospel of Christ, live out their role as a biblical woman (Ephesians 5:22, Proverbs 31, Titus 2).
- That we would always find our purpose in God & His Purpose to glorify himself, and not any ministry, person, program, style or sermon (Isaiah 48:11, 1 Cor. 10:31, 1 Cor. 3:1-11, 1 John 2:12).
- That we would have a courageous love for one another. That conflict would be handled in way that mourns over our depravity and rejoices in the Gospel (John 15:12, Romans 12:10, 2 Corinthians 13:11, Ephesians 4:2, 1 Peter 4:8).
- That we would love the local church, not as a mere organization but as the blood bought body & bride of King Jesus, our great God and Savior (Ephesians 5:23-32, Acts 20:28.
- That we would never become ingrown, but always sacrificing for the expansion of the global kingdom of Christ. That missional living and church planting would resonate deep within us (Matthew 6:10, 28:18-20, John 20:21, Acts, 1 Peter 2:9-10, 2 Corinthians 5:20).
- That prayer would be the lungs of this church, which the Spirit would move through. Constant prayer for one another, the Kingdom, Leadership & the fame of Jesus Christ (Luke 21:36, Romans 12:12, Ephesians 6:18.
- That the gospel would always be in front of us, not just for our conversion but for our sanctification; that the amazement of the gospel would leave us more and more in awe (Romans 16:25, Galatians 2:20, Romans 5:8, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
- That the trinkets in this world that moth & rust will destroy, will never hijack the supreme affections that belong only to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 6:19-24, 13:44, Luke 12:16-21, 1 Timothy 6:9-10, Hebrews 11:24-26, 13:5.)